Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Thursday, March 29, 2012

What A Butt Pot ?

This is my husbands new  "Butt Pot" !  What do you think ? He Loves it ! Not only is he a cigarette smoker, but he is also a fireman at the Nascar race tracks. So I combined both his "likes"  and the need to keep all those cigarette butts off the ground ( especially since we are at a campground right now  & your suppose to pick  your butts up ! ) So I put this  terra cotta pot glued it to a terra cotta saucer, then took another terra cotta saucer turned it upside down as a top. 


My husband uses the top as an ashtray and it works FANTASTIC !!


The inside of the pot is painted black.  So all of the pot  & saucer is painted. Everything matches ! Then I sprayed the whole pot top,  bottom & inside with varnish . We then filled it with some beach sand & picked up a slotted spoon to strain out the butts . Throw those butts away & reuse the sand over & over again !!


Of course I had to make sure that  my husband & anybody else who saw this new it was a " BUTT POT ".
I am making some more "Butt Potts "  & will be putting them up for sale. I will be making them in two different sizes this size  5 x 4.5 in and 4.25 x 3.75 .  The large pot is $ 12.95 & the smaller pot is 10.95 plus shipping on each.
If you would like to order a "BUTT POT" I will paint any theme on them you would like and I will personalize them with a name if you would like. Please just email me at inmypaintedgarden@yahoo.com

                                                     Until the next time,

                                                          Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment