Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Sunday, August 12, 2012

As My Garden Grows !!

Hello !! How y'all doing ? This is what my gourd garden looked like August 1st . Just about one month after starting them from seed and  later in the season than I ever should have,  but if we have a winter anything close to last year I may be ok. if not I'll see what if any I do get !

I am just amazed how GREAT that they are doing ! I think after trying since we moved here and last year being my BEST year ever (maybe not in quantity but quality ) I have maybe 10 to 12 seedlings of the martin house & about the same 10 to 12 seedlings of the large bottle gourd.
Just take a walk around with me (well kinda ) but ya know I do have a video camera and I really do need to get it out and start doing snippet's of me painting , of my garden ,my studio and well just about anything.

This year since we have 3 dogs here right now both my sons are staying here with their dogs- big dogs. This is my dog Kaiden on the left & my sons dog Scrappy on the right.(incogneto of course)
This is of course Kaiden and my other sons dog Marley !

Well  I started saying before I decided to introduce you to our dogs, was that this year we decided to move the garden to the outside of the fence towards the back side of the yard because of the dogs. If you remember last year my dog liked my gourds and liked to water them. I had to put a fence around them it helped for awhile until the gourds grew out of that space. Anyway we decided to put them outside the fence and it sure seemed that the gourd plants LOVE it in that spot. As you'll see from the pictures some were taken on August 1st and then again on August 8th


There is really a big difference they are a little more than a quarter of an inch climbing up the
fence.

Then I got up and walked out to see them the morning of the 6th and they were well over half way up the fence and the front ones were starting to had out into the yard.

This picture is of the runners that they send out , they coil up and then grab onto whatever it can and it helps them climb and move around .

This is a picture of what the buds look like and the runners shoot out all over.

My youngest son Chace he helps me out all the time ! Here he is cutting the door out on one of the Halloween house gourds. He likes to jump in and learn. He is usually my right hand man at the craft shows, he helps me set up and tear down and has gone to every show with me and is a good salesman.


I am here at the other end of the room at the table painting on some of my apple gourds.
Well I could go on and on showing you pictures of my gourd garden after all its been a few days and well I have taken more pictures but I'll save those for another gourd garden post. But I will tell you that they are now about 8 to 10 inches above the fence now they are doing FANTASTIC !!

So enjoy every breath you take and every sight you see !!

Until the next time,
Cheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment