Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Frozen In Time The Gourd Garden


The Top Of The Gourd Arbor 
  We had an ice storm come through last week so I decided to go  out to the Gourd Garden & see what it looked like and actually I thought it was just Beautiful !!  So I took some pictures and a video and wanted to share them with you ! Video is below !

The Gourds Covered In Ice 

A Better Picture Of The Gourd Arbor Top

The gourds are Loving the cold it doesn't bother them at all in fact it helps to cure them. You don't ever want to take them inside or anyplace warm! When I first started growing gourds when we lived in Michigan. I thought I had to cut them off the vine and hang them by string in the house , I soon found out the warmth (until they are completely cured usually about 6 months or so ) will dry them out too fast and they all started to shrivel up or just plain shrivel to nothing reconcilable ! Yep that can happen !! 


 



We hope you enjoyed taking a look at our gourd garden after the ice & snow storm of 2021 decided to cover the garden in a 1/2 inch of ice ! I thought it actually was pretty and interesting the way the ice forms on any and all it comes in contact with ! I'm used to snow being from Michigan but We have lived here 14 years and this is the first time we have had this much ice & snow ! We hope you are all staying safe & warm ! Thank You Checking us out !  Comments Are Welcome ! If You Like Us Please Follow Us On here , Pinterest , Instagram , Twitter & Facebook


&



No comments:

Post a Comment