Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Gourd Fantasy




This is what it;s all about for me Gourds ! Gourds of all shape & sizes ! I fell in love with them about 10 years ago, I saw someone paint on one & that's all it took,I didn't know how to paint new nothing about gourds but was more than willing to learn. I had done alot of other crafting , sewing, making soaps etc. but my son would would come home from school & turn on the painting channel & we would sit & watch it & I thought they make it look so easy so I went & bought all the things I needed & practiced on everything & loved it, so then I sought out a farmer who grew & sold gourds in Michigan ( we lived there at the time) & he let us come out to the farm & took us out in the field & picked our own , then he took us back & show us his barns & explained all about gourds to us,I LOVED IT !! I painted a bunch of gourds , Santa's,snowman but my favorites to paint are character gourds & flower gourds, my brother-in-law to them to work & sold about 25 of them, I sold to friends & did the big Clinton Mi craft show with my sister she did lighted blocks , we did great. The next year I decided to try growing them I had a FANTASTIC garden vegetables,flowers & gourds , we lived nest to a gastation & the gourds we climbing the pine trees int the back yarde & across the phone lines to the gas station, it was GREAT had everybody in that small little town talking about my gourds & when we picked them from the gas tation phone lines my husband & son held the laddeer while I climbed up & picked them WOW ! So heres some pics of my garden in Michigan !  Hope Ya like them !

No comments:

Post a Comment