Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Monday, May 9, 2011

My New Little Gourd Garden ?

Well I tried to grow a gourd garden here in Tenn 2 years ago,  I had planted martin house, apple , egg & a few others. Well  I waited & waited & finally there there were little green balls and bottles. I had planted some against my fence ,so they would have something to climb on then there is a little run of from the mountains around our house and gourds need alot of water so I planted some on the other side of the run off against another fence with a bunch of trees,but this was trial and error, you see where we live is built on alot of shelf rock .l The water was great, they grew but it took forever for them to take any kind of shape, which they shape they took was nothing I had ever seen before. They were done  for. So last year we made a square foot garden  for vegetables my husband put 3 kinds of dirt  &.a bunch of different vegetables They came up beautiful  got about a foot tall then as the days got warmer ( I was always told to soak at night & before the sun in the morning if you could ) & warmer they started dying off no, well we realized my husband  had put 2 bags manure instead of dirt,burnt them right up !! we tried to fix it but to no luck!


    Now to the present I am starting with some seed's  & some pea pods & some garden soil &  here's the process for starting most gourd seeds  1. You have to nick the side slightly & then soak in water for 24 hours this helps in germanation. So now were just about up to date. Tomorrow I off to rent a rototiller. I;ll be posting more pictures as the garden grows ! LOL !

No comments:

Post a Comment