Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Sunday, July 17, 2011

WOW !!! Look at my gourd garden grow !!!

Back Fence Chinese Bottle Gourd Garden



Look at the little bottle gourds !


Martin Gourd Garden on side of pen

Front view of martin garden on pen



When I first started my little gourd seeds back in May ,I had taken each seed and  nicked  the side slightly,  then soaked them in water for 24 hours. Next I planted the seeds in little pea pods & set them on my window sill until they were about 3 inchs tall. I tilled two different spots in my back yard next to the fence, I had rototilled the ground then bought some 60  lb bags of garden soil & mixed it with the soil that I had tilled. As I brought them out to plant them I would take and make a big hill out of the soin & planted one pea pod in that hill, moved over & made another hill & planted another one. I think I planted 10 pea pods with the little gourd plants in them in each garden spot Well as you know if you have been reading my blogs that I have been posting the progress of  gourd garden . I have been going out and watering them late at night because it been very hot & humid here in Tennessee as well as about half of the United States, so I'm sure you know what I mean! So I wnt out yesterday & took some pictures and  I couldn't believe I have GOURDS !!  They are just going nuts on the back fence , running up  & across the top of the fence & down across the lawn , the back fence has a garden of  chinese bottle gourds, Now to the gourds which are Martin gourds they are on the other fence which use to be a big dog pen & now its a storage shed ( kinda ) well the martin gourds have almost taken over half the pen  which is a 10 x 20 pen. Well take a look for yourself ! What do you think of my garden ?



Look at ny gourd garden grow !!


1 comment:

  1. Wow - it really shows the rewards of patience and perseverance, especially since you grew these all from seeds!

    ReplyDelete