Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jenson Beach Arts and Crafts Festival

This was my very first Arts and Crafts Festival since we came here to Florida.  This was in Jenson Beach , just before you go across the bridge that goes to Hutchinson Island. The bridge crosses over on one side the Atlantic Ocean and the other side the inter coastal waters. The main street of Jenson Beach was shut down and lined with craft booths after craft booths, they were on the side streets and parking lots. They had lots of jewelry booths, painters,clothing you name it they probably had something you were looking for..


It was a beautiful sunny day filled with lots of craft goers and yes I saw alot of buying going on. Crafters were demonstrating their crafts which I just loved to stand and watch them. I talked to one women who was painting on canvas and I asked her if she was using oils , she simply said " in my mind I'm using oils but I paint with acrylics " . She said she tried oils but she was to impatient with the drying time. Her acrylic canvas paintings were just BEAUTIFUL  !!

This picture was looking downtown at the art and crafts festival , which at the end of the street was the Atlantic Ocean.

This is a TI KI bar & grille with inside and outside service, the tables have straw umbrellas, the place was packed during the festival, but then again it's packed all the time !


This is the end of the street which over looks the Beautiful Ocean , like I said it was a BEAUTIFUL day " who could ask for anything else "

This is my husband and son standing by a surf board that had been hand painted. Isn't that just the neatest thing ? I bet it doesn't see much waves now ! This surf board sits in front of a art store which we went in and looked through,. They had  the craziest and neatest art  I had seen in a long time. They also teach all kinds of arts, painting, glass, wood carving and it's bring your own bottle, come alone or bring a friend $ 30.00 dollars for 3 hours and they supply everything and I mean everything plus you take home what you've done, the owner says if you don't like what you've made at least you'll have made some friends and depending what you bring to drink   hopefully had a great time and  Yes it's any thing you want to drink as long as your of age !!! Sounds REALLY good to me !!!


These are craft booths taken from another street actually it's two different streets and a parking lot or two !!

We had to park in the boat marina which was a nice spot to park at, parking spots were few and far between. It was a GREAT day. Looking forward to the next craft show which is February $th & 5th another one in Jenson Beach  and an even bigger one here in Hobe Sound and next weekend there is a Seafood Festival this weekend January 29th in Port Salerno.  So stay tuned for some more postings with the upcoming festivals.
I hope your enjoying my adventures.

Til the next time !!!
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment