Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Look What All I Found !!!!!

A collection of Atlantic Ocean Shells
On one of the  BEAUTIFUL sunny days  here in Florida  while walking along the beach, I just couldn't stop looking down at the sand &  notice all the beautiful colors & shapes of all the shells, fossilized rocks & drift wood  that had washed up from the waves ! As I walked out into the water I could feel all the shells pushing up against my feet & legs. I was amazed thinking what other Treasures might be out in the vast Atlantic Ocean!I watched a man that was walking along the beach with a claw type basket that was hooked on a long pole. He was walking out into the water & scooping under the water with this basket in one hand  & a bucket  in the other. He would pull it back up and see what he had found & place what he wanted to keep in the bucket. I was amazed & thought what a great idea for finding all the Treasures from the Atlantic that was still buried under the waves on the bottom of the ocean! I never did ask him to see what he was finding, I just watched him walk the coast line until I couldn't see him anymore. I think next time I see him out on the beach I'm going to walk up to him & ask !
These are just some of the unusual shells that I found that were scooped up with my hands from the waves at the edge of the ocean. My thoughts are just in awe of what all is out there and still to be washed up from the ocean for me to find !

I decided I would make some jewelry from these Amazing shells that I found! This is only the beginning of all the creations that can be made from shells. I think I need to buy a better camera so you could really see the beautiful colors that these shells really have & the unusual but fascinating imperfections that the ocean leaves on the shells! That's what makes them all one of a kind pieces of jewelry ! What a GREAT gift these would be, no one else would have the same !

Where we are staying a here is completely surrounded by ocean and inlets, to get anywhere here you have to cross lots of bridges but the view looking out over the bridges is Breath taking ! Where my husband is working is out on an island called Jenson Beach Island, Beautiful mansions, high rise condos and Tony Romo has a Great restaurant on the island, whenever I take my husband to work I have to drive by it and it's always packed with people! On Thursday nights they shut down the main part of Jenson and have an all out party !

Another Fascinating Shell !



We are about 15 minutes from West Palm Beach, which my son & I drove to last week, it is also breath taking ! This is where Tiger Woods built that Beautiful Mansion on the ocean front, which we drive by to go to our bank. Of course we weren't able to see because the news reported she bought it and leveled it to build an even more Amazing mansion for her & her children. The news said she still lives near by. Tiger still lives in Orlando but is also building a mansion near by on one of the islands.

Not sure what I'm going to make with these shells . I may just put them in my Etsy shop for another crafter to enjoy & make something amazing out of them !  There are alot of beach's here on the main land and on the islands. I'm hoping my husband has tomorrow off so that we can travel around to some of the other beach's and investigate what other Treasures might wash up in the waves ! So please check back often as I post the new sites I see & the new creations that I come up with. Also check out my Etsy Sop to grab onto some of the one of a kind Treasures From The Bottom Of The Atlantic Jewelry & of course my one of a kind gourd sports creations. Remember if there is something special you would like me to paint or create just email me !

Thanks and have a Beautiful day,

Cheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment