Welcome


Welcome Scraps, Graphics and Comments
More Images & Orkut Scraps

Friday, January 27, 2012

Out On The Jetty !

I often drive my husband to work here out on Hutchinson Island  and he would tell my son and I about places he had been to here in the area before we came down here to Florida. 

A family of Pelican's
I drove him to work  the other day and ran some errand's around town and when it was time to pick him up which is usually after about 10 to 12 hours later , my son and I made our way over both bridges across the Atlantic ocean and onto the island around the round about and past many high rise condos and apartments and about four public beaches. The place where he works was just letting out and second shift  was on their way to work,so traffic on the island was quite heavy.That day he had worked 10 hours so he was still in the go mood !

 He asked if we wanted to go out to the end of the island that is called the jetty, it's a strip of land and rocks, (not wide at all) that jet's a ways out into the ocean. First thing I asked him was " Is this going to FREAK me out ? " To which he said NO. Well as we were driving there which was about 12 miles from his work my son and I noticed that most of the houses were on stilts. We got to the end of the road and it dead ended at a really nice park and a walkway out to the jetty. On the  walkway and out to the end of the jetty  was filled with people fishing.
The Jetty

It's actually very beautiful, quiet and peaceful and did not scare me at all ! We even walked out almost to the end of the jetty to the point where the rocks  were getting down to about three feet wide and the waves were splashing over the jetty ! My son wanted his picture taken there and his whole back side got wet, sure glad he didn't jump when he got wet ! Yes he took our picture also !

Looking across the ocean from the side of the Jetty
 Isn't this just a beautiful site to see ? As anybody knows who lives out or has ever been out to the ocean it's just nature at it's best ! Can't wait to go back out there again !
The end of the Jetty looking out at the Atlantic Ocean

Then of course back to reality !~ I had said that I was going to start sewing again so for Christmas I made a little jean purse for my grand daughter Daisy ! First one I have ever made !

 I lined it with some pink material that had little ladybugs on it and made it so it showed at the top of the purse and put two small velcro   strips on it for closures and took some of the ladybug material and made a flower and hand stitched it onto the front pocket.
the back of the purse
I hope you all enjoy my adventures and I have lots more to post ! The Hobe Sound Arts Festival is comming up on Feburary 5th & 6th and yes I'll be going to that so I'll be posting lots about the festival ! Along with some more gourd painting I've done  ( yes some Saints & Giants ) check out my Etsy shop !  I do take orders !!!! Also  some more sewing that I've done.

   Til the next time ! Have a GREAT day !!!!

                     Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment